Sunday, 17 June 2012

My Preschooler Likes Brussels Sprouts



I wish I could take credit for my daughter liking Brussels sprouts, but can not. I have to attribute it to a 2 second clip in a Franklin video we took out of the library one day. In the scene the mother tells Franklin's sister in a friendly voice to, "Eat up your Brussels sprouts, dear.". After this scene my daughter turned to me and told me she wanted to eat some Brussels sprouts, fortunately for us I like Brussels sprouts and always have a bag in the freezer. I happily obliged and she wolfed down 5. Since that time I'd guess she eats them 70-80% of the time I offer them depending on her food jags.
Amazing what an influence media can have on our children's food preferences. Which marketers are well aware of and utilize to their client's benefit.
Now if only Disney would release a book of the Princess's favorite vegetables or Lightning McQueen's dark green leafy vegetable fuel. I am feeling nostalgic for Popeye and his spinach.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I totally ate spinach as a kid because of Popeye! I love your ideas for Disney, too.

    ReplyDelete