Monday, 25 June 2012

Visual Food Journal - Fruit Overload!

From last Tuesday. I was hoping to get a full day in, but kept forgetting. This one was the most complete from last week.

Breakfast: Steel-cut oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, almonds and pumpkin seeds.

Mid-morning snack: Apple and hard-boiled egg (I usually pre-cook a few hard-boiled eggs and have them on hand in the fridge, for some reason this was calling to me, odd I know)

Lunch: left over grilled vegetables, salmon steamed in parchment paper with cilantro and citrus slices

I rarely drink juice these days, but I had some leftover strawberry mint lemonade I had made for a picnic.

Post-lunch: strawberries and cherries

Post-lunch 2: slice of cheese as an after-thought with the berries

Afternoon snack: trail-mix

Dinner: BBQ pork chop, asparagus, sweet potato fries (apparently I'm on a kick with these), salad with heirloom tomatoes from the market, cucumber, and peppers.

After dinner: Watermelon

What I didn't include:
3 tall glasses water
I went to a friend's for a girl's night and I snacked on a couple fruit kabobs and a brownie.

My assessment: Got my colors in, over-did the fruit at the expense of calcium and whole grains, and I reached my goal for the omega-3s.


No comments:

Post a Comment